Emergence - full credit to Susi Sie!
Cool vid. The emerging Cdling community is cool too.
If you think of us in terms of the latest social gadget, our user numbers are not impressive, but we are not a consumer internet company. We are a ratings agency that is designed for the era of low cost, globally funded startups.
It is better to think of our user base as a specialized research panel. When viewed in these terms, we are pretty excited about the amazing people who have stopped by to take a peek at Cdling. We are grateful for a share of your attention. We know that thus far, it is difficult to see the benefits that experts receive for your participation on Cdling. We are still a work in progress for Investors and Founders too. We will work hard to earn your trust and to deliver value to you. Please, never hesitate to provide us positive or negative feedback through the site or you can email michael at cdling dot com at anytime.
In Canadian terms, our community could already lay some interesting claims if you compare us to domestic networks of Founders, mentors, academics, angel networks or membership in venture capital trade associations and the like. But those comparisons are not on target. It is our aim to deliver value in a global context.
This overview is based upon a quick look at each Cdling player:
- Designers 25%, Hackers 45%, Hustlers 28%
- United States 37%, Canada 22%, European Union 14.5%
- Rest of the World 25.8% includes: China, India, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Venezuela, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador, Japan and the United Arab Emirates
- more than 60 city/regions are represented in the Cdling community.
- 35% have advanced/post-graduate degrees
- Subject Matter Expertise: Computer Science 60.4%, Engineering 7.5%, Marketing 6.2%, Business Admin 5.5%, Management 5.4%, Finance 5.3%, Economics 4.6%
- Sectors Covered: Biotech 2.1%, Cleantech 1.6%, Communications 41%, eCommerce 9.9%, Enterprise 10.4%, Entertainment 2.3%, Finance 8.4%, Government 1.3%, Hardware 2.5%, Health 4%, Incubator 3.6% Investor 3.4%, Legal 1.5%, Media 32.4%, Mobile 1.3%, Other 4%, Social Media 17.3%, Software 12.4%
- Average years of career experience: more than 8 yrs.
Gender: 20% Women. 80% men. In 2010 only 8% of VC backed Founders in the US were women (Source: CBInsights). Cdling does not bar players based upon gender, who you know or where you live. Women on Cdling are more likely to be Founders or Developers.
We are grateful to the Partners at Round 13 Capital, Real Ventures, the co-Founder of StartupNorth, the co-Founder of HighScoreHouse, the co-Founders of a few Y Combinator graduates and many others who came on to the Cdling platform to support Bunch in our recent experiment with Paul Singh from 500Startups.
On Oct 25, Cdling will support SoftBank Capital on OFFICE HOURS in Toronto.
On Oct 30, Cdling will support Wasabi Ventures on “ASK A VC A FAVOR” in Baltimore/D.C.